Providence Breast Centre at Mount Saint Joseph Hospital
The Providence Breast Centre (PBC) at Mount Saint Joseph Hospital (MSJ) in Vancouver, British Columbia, is on the front line of efforts to improve outcomes for women with breast cancer. We offer a multidisciplinary approach to breast diseases. We are committed to providing quality care while developing personalized treatment plans from diagnosis to post-operative care. We understand the stress associated with abnormalities detected in the breast and strive to be there for you and your family throughout every step in the diagnosis and treatment of your breast condition. Learn more about the PBC >>
Providence Health Care - A Patient's Guide to Breast Surgery
Last updated on June 22, 2021
Providence Breast Centre - COVID-19 Update on June 22, 2021
- If you are symptomatic, please take care, stay home, and reschedule your appointment.
- You may use this online self-assessment tool developed by the BC Ministry of Health to guide whether you might need further assessment or testing for COVID-19.
- With the recent lifting of social isolation restrictions in British Columbia, we are gradually returning to in-person appointments.
- We would provide a hybrid model of virtual and in-person appointments.
- If you are coming to the hospital either for surgery or clinic visit, please bring 1 support person only. Additional friends and family will be asked to wait outside of the hospital.
- Asymptomatic patient who has had recent travel and recommended for self isolation by the Canadian government will be enforced. If it is cancer suspected or cancer proven case, and the patient had traveled, he/she will be postponed.
For patients who will have upcoming breast surgery in the next two weeks:
- Surgical procedures to treat breast cancer will be proceeding as planned.
- We will continue to screen all the surgical patients for travel and symptoms about 1 week before surgery and again at 48 hours before surgery. The patient will be canceled if they are symptomatic and/or with travel history.
For patients who will have upcoming breast clinic appointment in the next two weeks:
- As the COVID pandemic situation is improving, the appointments will be in televisits by telephone or in selected cases, by video conference, or in-person.
Referral process to Providence Breast Centre
Surgical Oncology Network Spring September 2020 featuring an article about “Genetic Testing for Newly Diagnosed Breast Cancer Patients - Open the newsletter
2021 Annual Scotiabank Feast of Fortune raises over $262,645 for St. Paul’s Foundation - Open link
Updated British Columbia's Breast Screening Policy - BC Cancer Breast Cancer Screening Information
More news on Providence Breast Centre in the media and about breast cancer. Read more >>